Continue to build your sewing knowledge and skills by exploring how to sew more complex seams and seam types. Moving on to curved seams and sewing corners, you will learn new techniques such as notching and clipping, and best practice in pressing these seam types to ensure a neat and professional finish every time.
Our lessons uniquely provide you with a sewn sample of each technique so you can clearly see what it is you are trying to acheive, you will have the finished example in youe hands. They also provide you with all you need to sew and complete each process several times.
This lesson includes the following sewin gprocesses::
- how to sew an external corner seam
- how to sew an internal corner seam
- how to sew a concave curved seam
- how to sew a convex curved seam
- how to understitch a seam
- how to layer a seam
In addition this lesson includes:
- a completed sewn sample for each process
- instruction cards/sample cards for each process
- fabric to practice each technique several times
- pattern pieces for practice
- needles and pins
- Gutermann sewing thread
All you need to have is a pair of scissors, any will do, as long as they cut, no need for anything fancy, paper scissors are great!
All the techniques in this lesson can be competed by both hand or by machine, whatever is your preference.
top of page
bottom of page