A fantastic place to start your sewing journey and dip your toe into lessons!
- Are you a bit unsure if these lessons are for you?
- Are you thinking you would like to give it a try before committing to a full lesson?
- Are you wondering how this all works?
This sample lesson provides you with an easy way to try out a lesson and see if it is for you.
In our lessons you will learn about basic seams, seam allowance, best sewing practices, various sewing terminology and much more. As simple pattern pieces are included you will naturally start to learn about patterns, pattern marks and how to cut out.
Our lessons uniquely provide you with a sewn sample of each technique you are learning so you can clearly see what it is you are trying to achieve, you will have a finished example in your hands. They also provide you with all you need to sew and complete each process several times. By the end of the lesson, you will have sewn your own perfect sample and you can start building your sewing sample reference library.
In this sample lesson we have picked two sewing processes for you to learn.
- how to sew a straight seam (from our Seams 01 lesson)
- how to sew a French seam (from our Enclosed Seams 01 lesson)
Like all of our lessons, this sample lesson includes:
- a completed sewn sample for each process
- instruction cards/sample cards for each process
- fabric to practice each technique several times
- pattern pieces for practice
- needles and pins
- Gutermann sewing thread
All you need to have is a pair of scissors, any will do as long as they cut, no need for anything fancy, paper scissors are totally fine!
The techniques in this lesson can be completed by either hand or by machine or a mix of both.
top of page
bottom of page